Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I could have died today...No seriously. That shit wasn't cool.

Obviously by the title of my post, today was not a great day. I almost died. My life didn't flash before my eyes, I don't know if that means my near death experience wasn't near death enough but it was close enough for me. My mom bought me several cars in high school but my favorite was my 1970 something Ford Gran Torino. Well too many things happened between when I got the vehicle until now so I'm just going to tell you it ended up at some guys shop/house for a bunch of years and now the guy wants it moved. So my mom went there this evening to make sure it started and everything. I went up there with my sister because my mom had the child and we were going to take her to the park. I was helping my mom with the car because it was having issues, so we're messing with it and messing with it and the mechanic's wife came out of their house and she was like STOP STOP FIRE! So I look under the partially opened hood and sure enough less than 10 feet from where I was standing was a huge engine fire. I don't know exactly how long it actually takes for a car to explode once the engine starts on fire, apparently I don't watch nearly enough Nascar, but it must be awhile. First I yelled at my mom to get out of the car then I ran around the other side and yelled at Lacey to get her and Ellie away from the car. Then my mom ran to get the car guy, threw water on it, still on fire, more water, still on fire, more water, still on fire, fire extinguisher, that worked. It was terrifying. So my favorite car is dead but we are all alive. And I smell like gas from all the fumes but I got to see five puppies. So I guess in the end everything works out!

**uPDaTE**
So apparently I am over reacting about almost dying. I think death by flaming car is a pretty legit thing to be traumatized by but my mom and Rob do not think it is that big of a deal. my mom actually said "It wasn't on fire for that long, only like 3 minutes.." IT WASN'T ON FIRE THAT LONG...yeah...ok....and I thought I was supposed to be the crazy one...I'm probably going to have nightmares tonight sooo I'm going to go eat all the ice cream in the house and put myself in a food coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment