Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Insignificant yet life altering traumas

This is a thing that I might do, short posts about an insignificant things that have happened to me in the past but have stuck with me all this time, therefore altering my life. I figure they qualify as traumas. And here we go...

#1. Online celebrity look alike finder.
Like every high school girl ever, I was constantly worrying about what people thought of me. I never had a boyfriend or any guy pay much attention to me, I always thought it had to do with my looks, obviously it was more to do with that fact I'm a total weirdo. I never felt like I could see myself in a mirror as the rest of the world saw me, because I would notice every little flaw and determine I looked more like the Beast than the Beauty, then I would throw things and cry a lot. So I would compare myself to other people, ask my friends what I looked like, am I pretty? Do I have a big nose?! Do I look like any of these girls in this issue of "Seventeen"?!

My super great self photography from high school. Thank you Microsoft paint for making everything so much cooler.

Well one night I was searching the great world wide web, dial up of course, when I found this WONDERFUL website where you could find out what celebrity you look like! Score!! So I upload one of my many photos and who do you think was my number one match? Come on, who do you think it was?

.............
...................Drumroll......







.........

George mother f*&%$# Clooney

Twiners!!

Are you f*&%$# kidding me?! Really Internet?! So with those results and the painful blow from the time my sister Emily told me I look like John Kerry, I basically gave up at life. Jeans and hoodies it is!! Moral of the story: High school is rough, even for George Clooney look alikes :(

So that's one of my many traumas, I hope it brought you joy and you laughed at my pain :) When I am old and gray I will tell my grandkids this story and they will think I've lost it and send me off to a home, where I will sit in a rocking chair, sipping lemonade, signing peoples copies of ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment