Sunday, October 28, 2012

40 hours

So this week I am officially moving from part time to full time at my workies. YAY! Obviously I am super excited to be a full time employee because of all the perks I will get but I have to admit there are a couple things I will miss about being part time. So I decided to make a pros and cons list to share with you, the world (all 30 of you who read this) my dilemma. Here we go!




1. Mo' money, mo' problems- At least this is what I am told. I don't know what kind of truth is behind this but I will keep everyone updated.

2. Health Insurance. YAY! I am already covered on the husband's plan but mine will be better and I don't have to pay a dime for it. Plus once I am off Rob's plan his payment will go down. TRIPLE SCORE!

3. Pants and working 8-hour Mondays and Tuesdays. These two kinda go together. This is why.
I have 4-5 pairs of work pants I wear to work each week and then my jeans on Fridays or Saturdays. My pants have time limits on them. Two pairs of them I can handle wearing for 8+ hours, others max out at about 5 hours. As a part time worker, I would usually work Monday night for 3 hours and Tuesday night for 4 hours. So on those days I wear my 5-hr pants and believe me when I get home those suckers come off immediately. Once I start working 8 hours on these days I'm going to run into a bit of a wardrobe predicament. Well here, let's break this down, math word problem style:

Rachel works 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. She only has two pairs of 8-hr pants. Rachel only does laundry once a week, on Sunday and is unwilling to change that.
 How many days will Rachel work before she ends up taking off her pants at work?
 
Answer: Not enough
 
The other con about working on Monday and Tuesday is those are the days I usually lay around the house and watch my shows. Right now I am obsessed with Heroes. But I guess since I won't be sitting around eating all day, per usual, I will lose about 600 pounds. So I guess that's alright.

4.I'll only have to work one night a week, Monday night which is a plus. Not only will I get to sleep in on Monday morning since I won't have to be at work until 11 but I won't have to work on Tuesday nights anymore which is great.

5. I will be working more and spending more "quality" time with my co-workers. I'm not saying I dislike my co-workers, it's just that sometimes when you work with people all day long, little things annoy you and you want to bash your head into a wall.

6. And finally, new responsibilities. Now this one may fall on either side of the pro/con list but in my case it is definitely in the pro column. Part of my new full time position is going to be marketing, the occasional press release, advertisement, that kind of stuff. Easy. I'll also be working on our website, possibly a staff blog and our Facebook page. So yeah, I'll get to sit around on the computer on Facebook. AWESOME! Ok, I am really going to take it seriously and make our library's online crap super cool. I hope.

Well that's all for now. As with many post I will end this one abruptly.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment