Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Losing My Chicago Virginity

Quick post while we're on the road. I'm back for now, I'm sorry I left you but there was some stuff and then some other stuff but I'm back so weehaw!
We are actually en route to the Windy City as I type this. It's 5:59am and the sky is insanely gorgeous, it almost makes me want to get up this early every morning. Almost..
We've been "planning" this trip for months and by planning I mean talking about planning it but never actually sitting down to do it. We know some of the stuff we want to do but have yet to nail down our exact itinerary. Since apparently everyone has been to Chicago but us, we have had quite a few people suggest different things which is awesome because I feel like I totally dropped the ball on this trip. Usually I have everything scheduled, down to baby powder application stops so the chaffing doesn't get too out of control. Lately I've embraced the f-it attitude, just go with the flow and we'll end up wherever we end up. But yet again, my laziness has come back to bite me in the ass.
My good friend at work recently took a trip to Chicago and suggested a hotel out in one of the suburbs which sounded really nice. Free parking, near the train station, we can jump on and ride to downtown in about 40 minutes or so. Sounds great right? So I tell the husband, we book the hotel. Look at us, all proactive and shit.
Literally last night, as we are driving home from saying goodbye to my sister and niece, the mention of this train comes up. If you know me AT ALL, you are currently thinking to yourself "......biitchh..." because during this ENTIRE PLANNING PROCESS I FAILED TO CONNECT THE DOTS THAT I WILL HAVE TO RIDE A G-D DAMN TRAIN. I am terrified of freaking trains, so husband brings up the trains and I'm like "WOAH WOAH WOAH...Train? An actual train? Like the things that kill people" I don't know how the hell I managed to talk about this freaking hotel and taking the freaking train into downtown for MONTHS and it never occurred to me that I would actually have to take a death ride on said train. So I start freaking out asking particulars on exactly what kind of train this is, are you sure it's not like a tram, maybe one of those things you ride at zoos? He starts googling Chicago train videos, shows me one THAT RUNS IN THE MEDIAN OF A INTERSTATE, so now the fear has fully evolved into cold sweats and terror eyes. In an attempt to, what I assume was comfort me, he says "You are wayyyy more likely to die in a car than on a train...." Soooo in an instant, our fun family vacation quickly turned into a game of minesweeper, no one wins. I'm sure it will be fine and I'm sure I'm over reacting. But just in case, I want to let those who know my funeral plans that I thought about it, the airhorn remix into Straight Outta Compton might be too much if my death is really tragic but I want at least one airhorn in at least one song. Just a quick one, wah wahhh, just sneak it in.
I'll take pictures. Also I love you all and wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment