Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Best Intentions

Hi. It's me. I'm not missing or dead or abandoning this blog, I've just been depressed and completely lost interest in it. Sad, right? Maybe I've become hypercritical of myself, maybe I'm letting negative people get in my head. I feel like I have to defend myself, I don't write this shit for attention, I do it because I fucking love to write and I want to share my love of writing with other people. I want to use my words to make others laugh and smile or maybe not feel so god damn alone in their struggles. I don't care how many shares or likes this gets, I just do it because it's a part of who I am and what makes me happy. That being said, here is a blog post about stuff.

So yesterday was the start of the summer reading program at the library I work at. We had a whole bunch of kids in to sign up for reading logs, get event schedules, etc. One family in particular stood out due to their very adorable son named Gio. Today they family came in again and I greeted them with a big smile and hello. As I wandered around the children's reading area I stopped to talk to Gio's mom. That's when things turned south....

Me- Hi! I have to tell you, a coworker and I fought over your son Gio last night.
Mom- *horrified look* What?! Why?!
Me- oh no! Not like that! We just think he is adorable and argued about who likes him more...
Mom- *uneasy shifting in chair* Oh...ok...
Me- "Yeah, we definitely want to keep him!"
Mom- *a little shookth* Ummm...
Me- "Not in a weird way..I just mean if he ever goes missing you know it was one of us!"
Mom - *rehorrified* ........
Me- ........
Me- I want to steal your child and raise him as my own...

They left about 5 minutes later. I would really like to say it was a case of "lost in translation" due to English not being her first language but thinking back on the conversation, I did come off as a little creepy. And that's how I ended up on a government watch list.

No comments:

Post a Comment