Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fanatic Shemnatic

Helloooo readers. I just want to begin by saying thank you to everyone who bothers to read this crap I come up with and post online. I'm proud to say I have had over 500 views of my blog and know for a fact only 475 of them were me so YAY! To anyone who has a blog or knows someone with a blog 500 might not seem like a lot but keep in mind I only have about 5 friends who aren't blood relatives, so it makes me feel really special :D So again, thank you everyone!!

With that said, we are going to get a little weird. I have talked about my quirky obsessions a bit in previous posts, like the cereal thing (This week it's fruity dyno-bites) and this is kind of a spin off of that.
We watch a lot of tv at our house, like and insanely large, ridiculous amount of tv. If your mother ever told you tv will rot your brain, its not true, because I watch it constantly and I am still a genius. So just like my cereal, I get obsessed with shows. I will watch all the previous seasons and the current season and when it ends I fall into a deep depression and cry a lot. These are usually just shows I come across when seasons of our regular show end and we are waiting for new shows to start. Then they get merged into our regular lineup which consists of  like 100 "events" as our DVR calls it, (that's 100 different shows we record throughout the year, it is at its limit.) It usually works out pretty well because unfortunately shows get cancelled and we can fill that slot with something new. My last great obsession was the show "Eureka". I watched every season available up until the last episode which aired mid July. During my Eureka stage, I was once again sucked into another vortex, similar to that of the baby high, when everything in my life revolved around this show. Rob came home one night and was sitting next to me on the couch, waiting for one of the episodes to get over so we could watch something else (yes, he is the man of my dreams). Well there is a character who had died in a previous episode who kind of comes back in a way and it is very emotional for someone like me who thinks tv characters are real and my close personal friends, but to someone who hasn't been following the series, nothing significant is happening at all. You have to have the back story for it to be at all gripping. I am doing my best to keep it together, and I can tell Rob feels in the air something isn't right because I am way too quiet. So I am dead eye staring at the tv, lips pursed, telling myself "don't cry, don't cry, don't cry" I see Rob out of the corner of my eye kind of looking at me, so I look at him, I look back at the screen and just f'ing lose it. Like seriously snot-nose sobbing, and Rob looks at me, I look at him and just yell.. "BUT HE'S DEAD...HE DIED ROB. HE'S DEAD!!"
I wish I could say this is a one time thing, but I often get way to emotionally involved with fictional characters.

As of about 12 days ago, the cycle has begun once more. I found this show called Primeval, and right now it's the only thing that gets me through the work day. I count down the minutes until I can get home and watch the next episode, it's such a good show. Not only is it awesome because it's about time-travelling dinosaurs but it also has a ton of surprises like one of the main actors, Hannah Spearritt, was a member of S Club 7. WHATTT?! DID YOU JUST SAY S CLUB 7?!? Yes, yes I did. Now excuse me while I clean up this mess, of your mind just being BLOWN! And for those of you who don't know who S Club 7 is, I pity you.

So I am really into this show right now, besides Hannah's character "Abby", my other favorite character is "Connor" played by Andrew-Lee Potts, and in the show they have a little relationship going on. Last night, while I was at work, err I mean I was DEFINITELY NOT at work.........ok I was at work, I had the urge to look both of them up and what did I find out? Not only are they a couple in the show, but also in real life! So at first I'm like "awww!" and then I'm like "wait a tec" and then I want to cry because I am in love with both of them. But then I am ok with it again because I decide I can be their sister wife. Then I remember I have a husband at home, so I shake my fist at the heavens and yell "Curse you Rob!!"

Thankfully I eventually brought myself back to reality and decided it would never work because:
A. They are all the way over in the UK and I could never leave my critters.
B. I'm guessing they probably have some sort of security who are trained to spot crazy people, that would hinder my chances of even meeting them.
C. I have no idea what they are really like in real life, I just love their fictional characters, but I would guess they are super nice people in reality.
D. I would eventually become very disappointed when I figure out we aren't going to capture any time travelling creatures, once again, it's not real (allegedly).
and E. Ok I guess I would miss Rob, a lot.


Turns out, like many of my plans, this one isn't going to work out so I shall just sit at home and admire them from my couch. Like most of my idiosyncrasies, this is definitely not the first time I have been so intrigued by a fictional or fantastical concept that I have become emotionally distraught over the idea that they might not be possible. I wonder if my mom would remember this certain incident I'm going to share with you, probably not since I was a strange child and did lots of questionable shit.

THE YEAR WAS 1998!! *Wavy lines, wavy lines, bright light* (Flashback!!)

Harry Potter was at the top of the charts when a young Rachel stumbled into her mother's room one dark evening. She stood just inside the doorway, silent, waiting for her mom to noticed her.
"Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" her mother asked, peering over her book.
The preteen stayed silent, her eyes began to glisten in the dim light of the table lamp. (No wonder my mom needs reading glasses, proper lighting people!)
"What's wrong?!" Her mother exclaimed, as she carefully closed her book.
The brown haired girl began to cry, for nothing could open the flood gates like that of a mother's concerned voice asking "What's wrong?"
She collapsed onto the bed, violently sobbing as her mother frantically put down her book so she could comfort her favorite child.
"Oh my God! What it is?! What's wrong Rachel?!" she said, her voice panicked and shaking.
The girl didn't respond and continued to wail like a wounded cow after a vicious werewolf attack.
"Rachel, OH MY GOD! WHAT HAPPENED?!?!" She mother was now also completely distraught, fearing only the worst.
The girl looked up at her mother, her eyes red and brimming with hot tears and said "I want to go to Hogwarts!"
"What?!" replied her mother, heart and mind still racing she was unable to process what was going on.
"Hogwarts. I want to go there." sniffed young Rachel.
"Hogwarts? What is Hogwarts?" asked her mother.
"You know, the wizard school, in my book"

Now this would have been a completely appropriate time for my mom to beat the living hell out of me and I wouldn't have blamed her! She was scared out of her mind thinking something horrible had happened and it ends up being me wanting to go to school at a fictional place. Luckily, or unluckily, when I was a young child, I would often have fevers which were accompanied by terrible delusions. Even the slightest spike in temperature could bring on all sorts of visions and such, so it was really fun for the entire family when I was sick. My mom just let me wear myself out and the next morning she told me "You were really delirious last night, you had a breakdown about going to Hogwarts!"
Ummm...yes..delirious. We'll go with that! Definitely not mental unstable. But seriously, how freaking awesome would it be to go to Hogwarts?

I live in a closet and have a magical pet rabbit!! Huzzah! Off to Hogwarts we go!
So that's another weird trait I have lived with since childhood, that Rob now gets to deal with. Not only do I get this way with books, tv shows, even concerts I go to (I'm always convinced they are going to ask me to join the band) but I think it also has affect on my dreams. I always have very vivid dreams, sometimes when I wake up I'm actually more tired from all the crap I was doing while I was asleep. I think this ability to become so immersed into an alternate reality is sometimes a gift just as much as a curse. Sure I'm a little more crazy because of it, but it also helps me to be creative, imaginative and have a view on things other people may not have. So overall, as annoying it may be for my family, life would be pretty boring without it!

Well that's the end of another adventure. I hope you enjoyed this latest look into the madness that is me and say a little prayer tonight for Rob and the critters, they really didn't know what they were getting into when I came along. Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment